Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Our First Place!

I've had quite a few people tell me they are sick of wishing my dad a happy birthday, so I thought I'd better hurry and post something new.  Linds, this is for you, you better post some pics of your house now.
This is where we live as of right now.  We LOVE it!  It is on the cutest street, in the cutest neighborhood.  It is a house converted into 3 apartments.  We live right next door to our dope-show landlords (shout out to Darryl and Louise!!!), so if anything goes wrong, which it does in a really old house like this they get right on it.
After much searching and not a lot of success in the Avenues we ran across this little number on the couples board at the Institute.  It is a great place to find housing, fyi.  Brandon moved in a month before we got married and now we've been living together for the past two months.  The only down side is that it has electric heating and that pretty much has run us broke.  We turned the heat off and it still was an $85 electric bill!  Are you kidding?  But, all that aside we love it because it is ours.


Our darling house

The quiet street

  
Our living room.  The coffee table isn't usually that messy, Brandon is working on a photo project.
Another angle of our living room.  Bare with me, the room isn't conducive to one good shot. 
 
  The only reason I included this was to show you our AWESOME fireplace.  If you look closely you'll notice the angels on it.  Classy!

The kitchen

Kitchen: As you'll notice we don't have very much cabinet space to store all of our wedding gifts.  We got this bakers rack at Costco and it does the trick. 
My favorite room in the house.  We painted the walls before Brandon moved in and I love them!  We love our new bed and night stands.  Thanks parents for the great wedding gifts!
I wanted to show this view of our room to show you all the tree of life.  This is my favorite accessory in our house.  It is the first thing Bran and I bought together.  
I wouldn't normally post a picture of our bathroom, but I had to show you the exposed brick wall and neat window. 
This is our laundry room.  We only have 2 closets in the entire place, and for two people who have a lot of clothes, this poses a problem.  We've found ways to improvise though. 

There is one more room in the back, but it is an odds and ends room and not that exciting.

Well, after all that I guess I better tell you that we are moving!  I am really, really sad about it, but it will be for the best.  We are moving into a new condo up on Foothill Drive that Brandon managed the construction on.  They are way nice and we are getting a sweet deal.  The utilities in the place we are now make rent way more than we can afford.  I am really sad to be leaving this place that we have worked so hard to put together, but excited at the thought of moving into something new.   





2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it... but that is sooo sad that you have to move... those utilities are outrageous!! But im sure you will make your next apartment just as cute! are you guys going to be the first people to live there? crazy exciting!

Nikki said...

I think your house is adorable and I can see why you are sad to leave it. The place you are moving into is really nice and I know you will love it. Let me know if I can help you move or pack or anthing you need help with. I owe you big time for helping Tait and I move into our house. Love you guys.