Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Upcoming Travels

As a lot of you know, traveling is a passion both for Brandon and me. We love it. We would much rather not eat much for a few weeks to save for a fun trip. We have a lot of really fun adventures coming up this summer and fall....


In June we are going to Newport Beach for a week with Brandon's family. We can't wait for warm weather and beach time. Not only are we going in June, but also in August with my family! I am so psyched. My extended family orignially began going to Laguna Beach, Cali. every years for 20 years until Crab (nickname for the landlord of the beach houses we stayed in) sold out and turned the beach houses into a drug rehab center! You heard me right...a Drug Rehab! My precious childhood memories are nothing more than a bunch of druggies.

After that happened we started going with the SLC trend and staying in Newport, Jackie Doyle's place to be exact. It is still a ton of fun. Brandon makes fun of me all the time because if we don't do all our Newport family traditions I can get pretty stressed out.

I might also be going to Huntington with my high school friends in June. Hopefully it works out! Senior Trip 2004 reunion! Here I come!

Next trip on the docket is our favorite city in the whole world. Never mind Rome, Florence or Zermatt...We're going to Seattle!!! We both love this place. It is the perfect blend of urban fun, but it isn't too big where you feel like you are just another person in a sea of buildings. We first went to Seattle together when we began dating. Brandon has an aunt and uncle that live up there so we have a free place to stay. We are going to Seattle in Sept. for a specific reason though.....the Counting Crows concert! Brandon was soooo excited that they are going on tour again, probably for the last time. Counting Crows is his favorite band of all time and I really love them too. They aren't coming to SLC so we decided to make a trip out of it and go to seattle. It will be so much fun.



Our last planned trip is our most exciting. This october we are going to CHINA!!! Brandon is getting his MBA at Westminny and part of the program is going on an international trip to study their ways of business. And I get to go too!!! Well, hopefully. There is a waiting list for spouses, but I'm on it and think I have a pretty good chance. China is a place I never thought I would actually get to go to, but I am so glad that Brandon has to. It will be somewhere totally new for us. Maybe we'll even make a side trip to Japan to seek out Haley!

I think that is all that is going on in the next few months besides a few camping trips and maybe a fun climbing trip with our friends. We can't wait!

2 comments:

Blake and Amy Clayton said...

What an incredible summer/fall plans! It all sounds so fun. China! I hope you get to go!

Unknown said...

Wow super jealous, how fantastic would china be??? Anyway, the ReddHogans got a blog! and we want you to be a part, so we sent you an email!!! haha anyway, think about it!